At Frodsham Manor House Primary School we offer a curriculum which is broad and balanced and which builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills of all children, whatever their starting points, as they progress through each Key Stage. The curriculum incorporates the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum (2014) alongside other experiences and opportunities which enrich and broaden the horizons of our pupils.
The National Curriculum subjects are English, Maths, Science, History, Geography, Religion and World Views, Art and Design, Music, Computing, Design and Technology, Physical Education, and for KS2 a modern foreign language (French).
- To nurture and develop well-rounded, curious, capable and empathetic individuals
- To give children the skills, knowledge and attitude to lead a rich and fulfilling lifelife
The design and implementation of our curriculum consists of:
- The National Curriculum core and foundation subjects
- Religion and World Views (Religious Education) according to the Cheshire West Agreed Syllabus
- PSHE and Citizenship
- SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) and Global Education (Global Learning including British Values)
- Enrichment opportunities including Forest Schools, themed weeks (Science, Literacy, Computing and One World), cooking, visits, visitors and residentials
- Extra curricular activities which include creative , physical and curriculum development opportunities
- A broad range of exciting and creative opportunities to discover and nurture their individual talents
- Opportunities to enthuse and nurture natural curiosity
The impact of our curriculum will ensure children:
- Have firm foundations of basic skills that they can use and apply
- Understand the distinct nature of the different disciplines that enable one to become a specialist in a particular area, eg. an artist or a historian
- Develop a set of global values that underpin their spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development and their sense of uniqueness and self-worth as individuals
- Have access and opportunity for all individuals to achieve their potential
- Develop their thinking, communicating and questioning skills
- Have a developing understanding of the world around them with a commitment to being lifelong enquirers
Our long term plans can be accessed below revolve around a big question. A number of lessons build up the knowledge and associated skills to allow a pupil to discuss the enquiry at the end of the unit. Many other linked questions will also be investigated as part of this learning journey. Units often begin with children sharing what they already know and what they would like to find out about. The class pages on the website include an overview of learning for that particular term as a PDF document for further information.
If you would like to find out more about any curriculum area you are welcome to arrange a meeting with either the class teacher or subject co-ordinators as below:
Literacy and DT - Mrs Pye
Maths - Miss Bedford
Science - Mrs McGrath
Religion and World Views, PSHCE, Global Learning, SMSC, Music - Mrs Anstice
History and Geography - Miss Kelly
Computing - Miss Fiddler
French and Art - Mrs Levey
PE - Mr Devereux-Roberts and Miss Dodds
EYFS - Mrs Hughes
Each subject area also has a link Governor as referenced on the Governor page.
You can access our long term plans by clicking on the subjects below. There are additional pages which may also be of interest on;